Textron's strength is a result of attracting and developing a highly talented, customer-focused workforce. At Lycoming, as at each of Textron's businesses, we apply world-class processes and are always looking for forward-thinking people who can make solid contributions in our path to Premiere.
- To view the open Lycoming positions, click the 'Careers at Textron' link below.
- Begin your job search in the 'Find a Job' Menu and search on the city of Williamsport, PA.
- To apply, please complete the online profile-building and application process.
Lycoming is developing a workforce of exceptionally talented people - high-achieving, passionate, and accountable. These people underpin Lycoming's ability to achieve industry-leading operating performance, nurture strong customer relationships, and drive growth into the future. Lycoming is dramatically improving the capabilities of employees at all levels, assessing and aligning people at all levels - and charting development plans to help them achieve their personal best. Lycoming is doing this through:
- Establishing leadership competencies that represent the behaviors and skills they need to achieve their vision
- Implementing new Performance Management and Goal Deployment processes
- Launching new development programs focused on middle managers and supervisors
- Initiating management assessment processes that help insure the right leaders are in the right positions
- Continuing professional development through ongoing world-class custom leadership training programs.
- Embracing Textron Six Sigma throughout the enterprise
Textron Six Sigma is a critical enabler of the development and implementation of world-class processes that will drive long-term productivity and profitability.
It is a disciplined, data-driven approach to eliminating waste, reducing variation, and driving growth.
Lycoming is dedicated to delivering a superior customer experience. The Lycoming brand enables customer relationships to flourish with innovative, market-leading solutions and relentless focus on meeting current and future customer needs.
Lycoming Engines, located in Williamsport, PA, is an industry leader in power plants and components for general aviation aircraft.
Founded in 1929, Lycoming took to the skies by introducing a nine-cylinder radial engine. Over the next 20 years Lycoming produced more than 25,000 of these engines to power some of the nation's earliest scheduled airlines. As both the industry and the company grew, the Lycoming reputation became increasingly synonymous with unparalleled reliability and durability. With the experience of more than 325,000 aircraft engines behind the company, Lycoming remains the clear leader in the piston market.
Today, Lycoming produces more piston engines for general aviation manufacturers - both rotary-wing and fixed-wing than any other company in the world. Now, more than ever, Lycoming engines truly are the Power of Choice.
Lycoming Engines is a Division of Avco Corporation. © 2013 Avco Corporation. All rights reserved.
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company operating world-wide with approximately 40,000 employees. The company leverages its global network of aircraft, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna Aircraft, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, Fluid & Power, Textron Systems and Textron Financial Corporation. More information is available at www.textron.com.
It is the mission of Lycoming's Diversity Team to foster a workplace culture where employee differences are respected and valued, and where opportunities exist for all employees to realize their full potential.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Lycoming Engines.